Thursday, February 02, 2006

One Summer Morning

It was a summer morning,
Bright, sunny & hot,
In the verandah I saw a girl walking,
Whom before I had seen not, I thought

She was dressed in white,
Which looked very bright,
She was quiet and all alone,
As if in an environment to mourn.

I looked at her with delight,
But also a little bit of fright,
She was tall & fair,
Up to her shoulder she kept her hair.

Engrossed in her reading she was,
But I was looking at the twinkle,
That appeared from her eardrops
At that time I only hoped she was single

She had rosy cheeks
Quite a contract to mine, which were unshaven for weeks
Her split lips increased my heartbeat
And I only wondered, in the night, if I could sleep

When she lifted her face from the book
For a few seconds I was hooked
I wondered would she respond, would she answer back
When I speak to her using my entire knack

I was worried I was scared
But I knew in these things I kind of fared
But again, will she respond, will she answer back, I wasn’t clear
I was a nervous wreck with this fear.

Finally, I cleared my throat
Made proper my coat
And walked closer to her. Suddenly I stopped.
What the hell to speak I thought.

What would I speak, what would I say,
As I kept wondering, something happened & I stood stunned, like a statue made of clay,
Another pretty girl, walked up to the first one, kissed her & took her away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counters